Oh, to my faithful readers...if you've stuck with me this far, I congratulate you! :) It's been busy lately and lots of thinking to do as well, so blogging was not too high on the to-do list.
Anyways, I've moved; new address, new housemates, new environment, new adjustments to make. Email or msn me if you want my new address and I haven't emailed you yet.
The new place is great! It is different this year though, as both housemates are people I don't know very well, compared to all my previous housemates whom I knew and consciously made the decision to live with. It means I have to make the effort to get to know them. One housemate, he is a teacher in the local school board and I've never met him before this summer, but he's pretty easy-going and polite/nice; the other housemate, she's working on her second Queen's degree and working as a part-time nurse.
The nice thing about this current place is that my rent is month-to-month. Lots of flexibility is good when my future plans are all uncertain. Amazingly enough too, is that rent is ALL-inclusive, utilities, cable, phone, internet!! I'm pretty thankful to have found this place to live. God always has everything in control.
Over the Labour Day long weekend, I went up to Montreal with an old housemate to visit a friend of mine I've known since first year res days. Roadtripping is always such a blast and I love to travel. Montreal is really such a fabulous city! Lots of culture and plenty of neat alleyways, stores and streets to poke around in.
I also love trying out different foods, so we had the chance to try Montreal smoked meat from the original Schwartz's, maple-sugar-based ice cream (Quebec is overflowing with maple syrup production), Polish fare (potato pancake, bigos-cabbage stew-type dish?, pierogies), Hungarian stew (compliments of Ags! thanks for the delicious stew! I loved it), homemade waffles, and Iraqi/Syrian fare (lentil soup, lamb frikka sp?).
Places we visited included Mont Royal (a mini mountain in the middle of Montreal), Asiatica (a really cool, modern, Asian housewares/furniture store), Old Montreal, the farmers' market...all in all, I would go back to Montreal again in a heartbeat.
It was so much fun spending time with two of my girlfriends. I'm so thankful they're always encouraging me in my walk with God and take time to hear me out. I am so blessed to know them.
Anyways, I've moved; new address, new housemates, new environment, new adjustments to make. Email or msn me if you want my new address and I haven't emailed you yet.
The new place is great! It is different this year though, as both housemates are people I don't know very well, compared to all my previous housemates whom I knew and consciously made the decision to live with. It means I have to make the effort to get to know them. One housemate, he is a teacher in the local school board and I've never met him before this summer, but he's pretty easy-going and polite/nice; the other housemate, she's working on her second Queen's degree and working as a part-time nurse.
The nice thing about this current place is that my rent is month-to-month. Lots of flexibility is good when my future plans are all uncertain. Amazingly enough too, is that rent is ALL-inclusive, utilities, cable, phone, internet!! I'm pretty thankful to have found this place to live. God always has everything in control.
Over the Labour Day long weekend, I went up to Montreal with an old housemate to visit a friend of mine I've known since first year res days. Roadtripping is always such a blast and I love to travel. Montreal is really such a fabulous city! Lots of culture and plenty of neat alleyways, stores and streets to poke around in.
I also love trying out different foods, so we had the chance to try Montreal smoked meat from the original Schwartz's, maple-sugar-based ice cream (Quebec is overflowing with maple syrup production), Polish fare (potato pancake, bigos-cabbage stew-type dish?, pierogies), Hungarian stew (compliments of Ags! thanks for the delicious stew! I loved it), homemade waffles, and Iraqi/Syrian fare (lentil soup, lamb frikka sp?).
Places we visited included Mont Royal (a mini mountain in the middle of Montreal), Asiatica (a really cool, modern, Asian housewares/furniture store), Old Montreal, the farmers' market...all in all, I would go back to Montreal again in a heartbeat.
It was so much fun spending time with two of my girlfriends. I'm so thankful they're always encouraging me in my walk with God and take time to hear me out. I am so blessed to know them.
